Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let's Try This Again......

Following a scrumptious dinner, a long shower, 12 hours of sleep, church, and catching up with my mom.....I'm ready to take on this next week of craziness......


After a taxing week (to say the least) and being in a delusional state of mind - I somehow deleted my blog from yesterday that I'd spent about 2 hours on.  That's grounds for calling it quits for the day.  Today's a new day, and I'm ready to tackle another week with the other interns.  Here are the two pics I posted yesterday......


The scrim is up & logo's are painted for FNL

Our view from the sidelines during FNL - Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzalez & Roddy White chatting
Mock Game (Flowery Branch) - August 7th


The Alabama School for Deaf's Football team came out to Flowery Branch to catch the players in their first Mock Game.  Jamaal Anderson (DE) talked to the kids through sign language as his father is deaf.  I had a reality check when I saw this team dressed in their burgundy uniforms at the game and come to find out at the lunch table following the game all these kids were deaf.  I had NO clue.  When asked a question that many of us wondered as well, "How do these kids play football?", Anderson replied:
"One thing, when you lose a sense, your other ones pick up,’ so that’s one thing I know about these guys. They’re very intelligent. They’re very smart, and it’s always good to give back to them.”  
 It's truly inspiring and makes you appreciate what you have.  It was a reality check for myself to really be thankful for the simple things I take for granted.  I'm sitting here listening to music as I type this blog post - I listen to music when I'm stressed, upset, or want to pump myself up for a game too.  They have to find it within themselves to get through that stress or upsetment and for the times when they need to get that adrenaline rush for that big game.  As I said......truly inspiring.


On a funny note ----- Before the first whistle for the Mock Game kickoff, 'Stats', a regular fan who comes dressed for every practice (pads & all), shouted Michael 'The Hotdog Burner' Turner - the crowd & even players were rolling in laughter.  Hahahaha.

Falcon Facts:

1. Young players step up to the plate in FNL game.  Fifth round pick in the 2010 draft, Kerry Meier (WR) had two big catches with his first resulting in a 30-yard pickup.   Dimitri Nance (a powerful RB) & Antone Smith (a RB with great speed and an eye for the gaps) are among some of the other young players who stood out.  Antone Smith reminds me a lot of Michael Turner....keep your eye on him!



2. Jacksonville Jaguars come to the Dirty South for a combined practice August 9th & 10th.  Shoutout --> Julie McFarlane and possibly Danielle Blair are coming out to practice this week! 


3. The Falcon's Week 2 (Aug. 19th) preseason game against the Patriots is going to be televised live on FOX - look out for me on TV! 


4. Michael Jenkins injures shoulder in FNL game - don't know extent of injury - this follows the 'Branch chatter' regarding his questionable stay with Atlanta - the coaches want to see more catches or this could be his last Training Camp with the Falcons.  


5. Thanks to Hamzah's music selection - the crowd and players were having a great time dancing before the kickoff of the Mock Game.  Birdwalk by Soulja Boy came on and Weatherspoon was "bird-walking" to the song - very well I might say.  I'd say he had to of practiced in front of the mirror multiple times.....something I've neverrrrrrr done before.  Haha ok, maybe I lied.  I mean, come on, everyone has practiced a dance in front of the mirror once or twice in their lives.  How do so many people know how to do the cupid shuffle.....?


6.  I'm adding a 6th fact b/c I wanted to point out something that many people tend to loose sight of at times (me included) - Any moment with your family is priceless and should never be taken for granted.  They will always be there in the end no matter what - make sure they feel the same about you. 


That's all for today - I'm off to get some more rest before another big week!  I love this job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment