Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm Pulling a Michael Jenkins.......Droppin' the Ball

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to blog because my power cord to my laptop blew and I have no battery....FAIL.  I'm borrowing a DELL charger from whoever can lend me theres until I get mine in the mail- so if you have one - please let me know if I can borrow it!


I don't even know where to start b/c so much has happened in the last couple days.......
Got my Credential, Parking Pass, and Ticket for the Game!


First Preseason Game --> Falcon's top Chief's 20-10  


The other interns and I got to the GA Dome at 3:30pm to attend Hamzah's OPS meeting at 4:00pm.  We headed up to the pressbox following the meeting to catch up with Roddy and find out our job for the game - we had the honor of timing sponsorship displays on the the new big screens and record it in a database - Hey, you have to start somewhere!  But this view was all worth it.....


View from the press box - pretty sweet!






One of the best seats in the house!


























It was such an amazing view and experience.  We got to take it all in and watch the OPS crew get their tasks completed, the cheerleaders practice their routine, production make last minute adjustments, and see everything come together.....its amazing to see how MANY different departments come together to put on one amazing show every Sunday. 







While timing and recording we received the Stats Sheets for each Quarter:









EMS literally sleeping on the job.....








Good thing we didn't have an emergency...our EMS crew-------------->

Don't worry, we gave the ambulance a nice shake to wake him.....we couldn't get our hands on an air horn (I would have recorded that!)  Maybe next time.....I'm sure there will be one










Falcon's Facts (Highlights in Falcons vs. Chiefs Game)

1. Falcon's CB Chevis Jackson intercepts a pass and returns it for 26 yards.

2. Chris Redman hits Roddy White for a 22-yard gain in the second quarter.

3. DB Shannon Schillinger picks off a pass and returns it 29 yards in the third quarter.

4. Falcon's rookie Dimitri Nance scores 2 touchdowns (a 1-yd and 2-yd run).

5. Dunta Robinson eases Falcon's Defensive struggles - and its pronounced like Daunte (don't worry - we couldn't figure it out either!)

Look out for my next post about Adam Schefter's (from ESPN) visit to Flowery Branch......time to shower, eat, sleep and up at 4:45AM 

2 comments:

  1. how are you going to trade Balmer to the Seahawks - they're in the same division!

    ReplyDelete