Thursday, August 5, 2010

I will never view SCRIM the same again!

Scrim: a heavy, coarse woven material used for reinforcement in both building and canvasmaking...keyword=HEAVY


Our mission today after practice in the morning --> Cover the ENTIRE school with Scrim w/Falcons logo & sponsors on it -- jk, but it felt like we did.  We covered all fencing and bleachers of the North Gwinnett High School's football stadium with scrim and it took hours....and lets not get started with the heat factor. (Top Left Pic - SCRIM on the Home Side)  The Falcons are having their 3rd Annual Friday Night Lights - Allstate All Access game tomorrow at 7:30pm at NGHS.  During the scrimmage, some players and the quarterbacks will be wearing the microphones which will broadcast over the stadium PA.  WXIA-TV will be broadcasting live as well from the event.  It's going to be a fun event and I can't wait for tomorrow to come! (Bottom Left Pic - the Verizon logo being painted on the field)

My right shoulder is cramping as I'm typing this post because my fellow interns and I have been having competitions at the fan fest before the fans come in.  I'm trying to keep up with the boys - I'd like to think I'm doing a pretty good job.  We also like to make up games to keep our minds off the work and heat - throwing ice in trash cans, trying to play soccer with Gatorade bottles, words with friends app (its addicting!), and of course the fan fest games....you have to make sure you're having fun while you work!  

Mike Smith was two tables away from us in the lunchroom today....I'd be lying if I said I didn't glance over at least 28 times (even number).....

I'm also predicting another 'gator' incident in the near future.....I've seen too many close calls recently - stay tuned.....

Shoutout --> to Marina Wesner!...... the word on the street is that Tony Gonzalez has a hamstring pull - but it's not a setback, it's precautionary.  However, thats the "word on the street" - but I'll see if I can get the scoop!


Falcon Practice Notes:

1. Friday Night Lights - Allstate All Access Game August 6th at 7:30pm - be there!

2. A fan drives from Toronto to attend the Falcon's Training Camp for his 5th consecutive year - THATS a loyal fan!

3. 5th round pick from Kansas Kerry Meier (WR) turning heads and making impressions on media and coaches at  TC (FYI for the future TC = Training Camp) - this should make the WR roster spots interesting.....

4. I'm not sure if this is confirmed - what I HEARD.....Alabama's John Parker Wilson made his way up to 2nd string.....NOT confirmed!

5. Sorry for the lack of player details - we didn't get to catch too much of the practices today b/c we were setting up for Friday Night Lights at NGHS.

Disclaimer:  Please disregard the inconsistent spacing - Today, I've already dealt with printers that weren't cooperative and I really don't have the time or piece of mind to try and figure it out.....thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment